Application close 17-11-2017
£18,000 – £20,000 per annum + benefits.
We wish to appoint an IT Assistant at our offices in Oxford.
Picker is an Oxford-based charity with an international reputation as a key authority in the measurement and improvement of patient experience. Our vision is for the highest quality health and social care for all, always. Researching and measuring the experiences of patients, service users, and staff are key areas of our work. We conduct qualitative and quantitative social research to investigate issues related to people’s experiences of care and providers’ efforts to improve services.
The role of IT Assistant
Reporting to the Group Director of Finance, this diverse role would suit a self-motivated, reliable team player who is looking to build on their IT experience, in a company where they would be responsible for providing timely first line support to their colleagues. The role would also be responsible for liaising with our external IT partner for any bigger or more complex issues. The IT Assistant will be involved in the implementation, documentation and maintaining of IT services, ensuring that staff are provided with excellent service at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide first point of contact helpdesk support to staff for queries relating to hardware (eg laptops, tablets, smartphones and servers), software, audio-visual equipment including projectors, photocopiers and telephones.
- Work with our external IT partner to address bigger and more complex IT issues.
- To assist with the setting up, maintenance and repair of computers, audio-visual equipment, computer-linked equipment and peripherals.
- To help produce and maintain IT statistics, reports, registers, checklists and other documentation as necessary.
- To assist with the monitoring of the Charity’s IT inventory.
- To maintain appropriate spare levels of computer consumables, accessories and to source purchases as necessary, ensuring that value for money is obtained.
- To maintain satisfactory standards of safety and security in relation to IT equipment.
- To set up, maintain and organise repairs or replacements for various computing, audio-visual and telephone equipment.
- To support the Information Security Manager in delivery of the role, information security implementation, Information Governance and ISO accreditation.
- To update, upgrade and install the latest software applications and configure as required.
- To manage and maintain the key safe including issuing and collection of Kensington lock keys and pedestal keys.
- Maintenance of the IT systems with a customer interface eg secure file transfer portals and SNAP Webhost
- IT equipment set up and inductions for new starters.
- Ensure safe and secure return of IT equipment from leavers.
- Ensuring compliance with ethical, Information Governance and data protection standards
- The jobholder may be required to carry out other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade, as requested by line manager.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of working within a support function
- Competent IT user including experience of installing and setting up hardware and software
- Reliable, self-motivated team player, with good time management and problem solving skills
- Experience of IT networking
- Experience of building and configuring computers
- Understanding of the principles of data security and confidentiality
How to Apply
To apply, please send a C.V and covering letter to email@example.com. In your covering letter please describe your suitability for the role. The job description is below..
Closing date for applications is 2pm on Friday 17th November 2017.
No agencies please.Apply now Download spec