About Us > Principles of Person Centred Care
Understanding and respecting people’s values, preferences and expressed needs is the foundation of person centred care.
To see the Picker Principles in action have a look at our latest Impact Report.
- Fast access to reliable healthcare advice
- Effective treatment delivered by trusted professionals
- Continuity of care and smooth transitions
- Involvement and support for family and carers
- Clear information, communication, and support for self-care
- Involvement in decisions and respect for preferences
- Emotional support, empathy and respect
- Attention to physical and environmental needs