Picker have developed and launched a Health Visitor Service User Experience Survey and toolkit, designed specifically to measure the experiences of families who use these services across England. Commissioned by NHS England, the survey and toolkit are available to health visiting service providers in England to license free of charge.
Like all Picker questionnaires, it was created using rigorous research that included a stakeholder consultation, and in-depth interviews and cognitive testing with service users. This approach has ensured that the survey is fit for purpose and that the right questions are asked in the most appropriate way.
The survey was piloted with an NHS and a non-NHS Local Authority provider. This demonstrated that it can be used to deliver actionable results, which can support health visiting providers in understanding people’s experiences of the service. It can also inform care provider decisions, ultimately driving the data into service and commissioning improvements. A toolkit was developed alongside the pilot phase, containing supporting guidance that enables providers to implement the survey themselves.
Available to licence and download free of charge from the Picker website, service providers in England can use the toolkit independently to canvass people’s feedback, or alternatively contract Picker to run and implement the survey implementation and/or data analysis and reporting, on their behalf.
Notes to Editors
- The Health Visiting Toolkit is available to download here
- For further information about the Health Visiting Toolkit, including queries about access to the toolkit outside of England, please contact Amanda Attwood and Tamara van Doorn on HVToolKit@pickereurope.ac.uk
- Picker are a leading charity, dedicated to healthcare improvement and more specifically, to understanding and using people’s experiences effectively, as a tool to support care quality and patient experience improvement.
- A PDF of the full press release can be downloaded here.
- For all Picker media enquiries, speaker opportunities and recent news please contact: Communications Manager Helen Thorne on helen.thorne@PickerEurope.ac.uk or 01865208135